After many months of talking about running my own campaign and getting Sarah involved in a real D&D session it finally happened.
While hanging out with some friends on a lazy night I suggested making some characters. That moved into a session 0 where we worked on back story and character development. This lead to some plot and a short session where the characters explored the surroundings for the first time.
Here is where our story starts and I will let them tell it as they remember it...
Dear diary,
ReplyDeleteIt’s me, Berta. I do feel a bit homesick from time to time but for the most part I like the adventuring life. I mean....who doesn’t enjoy the self affirming boost saving someone’s life gives you? As a cleric of Atroa I feel it is God’s will that I perform these important tasks. Plus, it’s kinda fun kicking bad-guy bottoms.
Let’s see, so far we’ve saved a lady and her baby back in Laketon, rescued two little elf children. Then we helped an entire elf village. A vile, ichor covered pestilence in the forest was wreaking havoc. An evil archdruid being the cause. As a result my sister Ember, our friend Fil and I met a different Druid fella named Pi. He seems ok, at least he’s better behaved than Fil (aka Loincloth).
Um....what else? Oh yeah! After we got rid of the pestilence in the forest we went back to Lamattre and were treeted (get it) likes royals. Nobody really paid much attention to me at the party but I think Ember had a good time! Wink, wink. Maybe if I weren’t bald. Oh well, at least I have Atroa in my life.
Well, that’s all I have time to write tonight dear diary. I’ll continue the next chance I get. There’s so much more to tell but I’m so sleepy plus Fil just farted and I think it actually moved his loincloth. Argh!!!
To the Druid Council,
ReplyDeleteI am putting pen to parchment to update the council regarding the blight that was invading our forests.
A few weeks ago, as the foul ichor spread into my region, I set out to find its cause. Along the way, I fell in with a band of adventurers also looking to rid the forest of this disease so we joined forces.
The party consisted of three members. The first was a gnome named FilchBatter and while he is the smallest among us he makes a rather large impression. He readily charges into battle and I’m amazed at the leverage he seems to get when swinging a sword that is his own height. His brutish style carries over into his fashion choices, though, with a front-only loincloth that is distracting to say the least; especially since he typically leads the marching order. Perhaps I can weave something for him or have somebody cast an illusion cantrip to provide some covering. We’ll see.
The other two are sisters, of sorts, though I don’t know the details. Berta is a duergar but is, by far, the friendliest one I’ve ever met. She’s also a cleric of Atroa, healing and taking care of the others like a mother hen. Her sister is a dwarf named Ember who is so gifted in magic and music that when she plays her lute even the trees hush in order to listen. She seems to be the newest to adventuring but has been steadfast and reliable.
It pains me to say but the source of the blight was a corrupted druid. Shameful that such an abomination could come from our order. Trust me when I say that this druid has been dispatched and his process of returning to the dust was hastened by rending him to pieces (at which point FilchBatter relieved himself on what was left for good measure).
I am going to continue on with this party. I feel called to travel, learn and keep the balance between civilization and nature. There is a war coming between the two and we must be ready. This will be my preparation.
I will send updates where possible. Please care for my territory in my absence.
Tharivolindartinus Pizelle III, Moon Druid of the third Order