Berta-isms
As a Mountain Dwarf, I tend to enjoy all things adventurous. From an early age, I always wondered what it would be like to grab my backpack, a few necessities, and my glorious lute, leave Cliffview behind, and see the world.
You see, I am a fierce little one, with a big heart and an even bigger imagination. When the chance came along to search for a Dragon, I figured it was now or never...I'm not getting any younger. With my sister Berta; by my side, Mr.Loincloth (Filch), and Pi, we set out on a grand adventure.
Nothing could prepare me for what we have endured. Being the least experienced adventurer, I tend to trail behind a bit, but as the saying goes "Watch and Learn". And that is exactly what I have been doing. I feel that I am gaining knowledge and will hopefully be just as spunky and kick ass as my fellow pals.
When I play my lute, I feel like nothing else matters, like my fingers are moving on their own, and the rest of me is just along for the ride. Being an entertainer, I tend to use what I'm good at, to help out on this trek. But, I realize now, that we all have a bit of entertaining in our blood. Filch, uses sarcasm and anger, and possibly some cockiness to get what he wants...which is probably why he carries around a bunch of rotting thumbs that he has cut off previous enemies. Pi, is so clever, changing from a Spider, to a Dire Wolf, to a Flying Squirrel, saving our asses abundance of times. Our newest member, Aubron, well he seems to do his own thing. I haven't been able to get to know him as well as I would like, but I feel with time, that will change. It's been mostly my fault, as I had been absent due to entertaining at the local pub. And my sister Berta, she is a hoot. Although normally quite smart, she must have been under the weather the other day, or perhaps too much ale, as she shouted out "FIVE", when ask about a number greater than 15.
Well, I must go. I have to practice a new song I have been working on and just can't seem to get the right tone. I think I just need a long rest, or perhaps an ice cold ale.
Out of the mouth of Berta, "You're not the DM of me."
"I get splashed with divine light every morning."
You see, I am a fierce little one, with a big heart and an even bigger imagination. When the chance came along to search for a Dragon, I figured it was now or never...I'm not getting any younger. With my sister Berta; by my side, Mr.Loincloth (Filch), and Pi, we set out on a grand adventure.
Nothing could prepare me for what we have endured. Being the least experienced adventurer, I tend to trail behind a bit, but as the saying goes "Watch and Learn". And that is exactly what I have been doing. I feel that I am gaining knowledge and will hopefully be just as spunky and kick ass as my fellow pals.
When I play my lute, I feel like nothing else matters, like my fingers are moving on their own, and the rest of me is just along for the ride. Being an entertainer, I tend to use what I'm good at, to help out on this trek. But, I realize now, that we all have a bit of entertaining in our blood. Filch, uses sarcasm and anger, and possibly some cockiness to get what he wants...which is probably why he carries around a bunch of rotting thumbs that he has cut off previous enemies. Pi, is so clever, changing from a Spider, to a Dire Wolf, to a Flying Squirrel, saving our asses abundance of times. Our newest member, Aubron, well he seems to do his own thing. I haven't been able to get to know him as well as I would like, but I feel with time, that will change. It's been mostly my fault, as I had been absent due to entertaining at the local pub. And my sister Berta, she is a hoot. Although normally quite smart, she must have been under the weather the other day, or perhaps too much ale, as she shouted out "FIVE", when ask about a number greater than 15.
Well, I must go. I have to practice a new song I have been working on and just can't seem to get the right tone. I think I just need a long rest, or perhaps an ice cold ale.
Out of the mouth of Berta, "You're not the DM of me."
"I get splashed with divine light every morning."
Aubron is crunchy on the outside, but squishy on the inside. Like a peanut butter filled pretzel, or a clam. Just gotta pry him open to get to the good bits.
ReplyDelete