Hi, it’s me, Berta. Being of the duergar race I do try to keep a positive outlook on life. No need to lend credence to the stereotypes right?! But, that being said, I think something bad might have happened to me down in the dungeon below the moat house and I find that I’m filled with foreboding now.
I don’t feel any different except for this new tattoo kinda itches a bit. A little dab of aloe Vera should do the trick there eh?
The first timeI passed out I saw a weird shadowy figure who spoke to me. He said that my soul was at the edge of his prison. I know, weird right? Then, get this, he says “do you seek to free me?”. Before I could answer I guess Filtchy woke me up by giving me a nice glug of healing potion. Thanks ‘lil buddy. I felt like crap too. I almost died!
After that we went to check out the archway again. Auboron felt the need to touch it I guess but instead something reached out and touched him!!! One of those tentacle, brain chickens. Floaty bastards. We took care of him though.
Pi thought it might be a good idea to implement a detect magic ritual. While he was doing that we were all just kinda poking around the place. Minding our own business really when this guy with ochre robes comes flyin’ at us outa nowhere. I don’t think he was carrying a full load of bricks. He kept laughing and cackling while he was attacking us. Bonkers! He made poor Filtch’s eyes bleed. We got rid of him too. He did have an interesting piece of paper with him though.
The water temple will move on the Fire Tribe, Doomsdreamer and the Triad itself.
Festeroth
Then we went to have a look at the pillar and obelisk while Pi restarted his ritual. Auboron climbed up the rungs on the pillar to see if there was anything interesting. The tip of the pillar was like a weird purplish stone that was obviously screaming “TOUCH ME”. So that’s what he did........again.
I think Pi gained a few extra gray hairs as his ritual was disrupted......again. Auboron disappeared as soon as he touched the second thing he shouldn’t have today. It’s okay though he came back a while later with this weird looking piece of black fruit. Of course he ate it. Not sure about that but we shall see. He claims to have a new lease on life and feels terrific though but I think we should still keep a close eye on him.
So the third time Pi started his ritual we decided to have a nice short rest so as not to interrupt him again. Ember played us some nice soothing tunes and I don’t know about the rest of the party but that always cheers me up.
The ritual revealed magic in quite a few places. The pool of water, pillar, even the air itself was faintly glowing with it. Filtch stuck his toe in the pool of water but nothing happened. He just said it felt icky.
Before we left I thought I’d try one last time to contact this shadowy figure. So I stepped on the ziggurat, rang the chimes and said the name Tharizdun. I think I passed out again, it’s all kinda fuzzy. I do have a weird spiraling tattoo thingy now though. Atroa help me but it’s itching something awful.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.